Oh, yes! It’s the season of joy… and lots of oy! With so many obligations and events spinning around us, it’s easy to get lost in the fast pace of the holidays. Many of my clients call me during the holidays seeking help in staying sane and grounded (it’s easy to lose our minds if you don’t take some moments to center yourself). I have some tips for you to help you maintain a healthy mind, body, and spirit during this time—and how to fully immerse yourself and enjoy connecting with family and celebrating.
1. Keep your body nourished
Overindulging can be easy during this time of year, but keep in mind that moderation is crucial to staying mindful and taking good care of yourself.
- Don’t -- indulge in over-drinking, or stressing over things you can’t control
- Do -- indulge in baths, nourishing foods, relaxing tea, and lots of water
2. Keep your mind nourished
No need to place undue pressure on yourself by adding something new to your wellness routine. Consistency is key, so choose one thing and try to stick with it.
- Don’t -- focus on negatives, or be combative with people and situations beyond your control
- Do -- get into nature, meditate, get as much sleep as possible, and exercise to dispel stress
3. Give yourself TLC
It’s natural to feel overwhelmed during the holidays, so it’s important to set up boundaries for yourself. Setting up these boundaries will allow you space to practice self-compassion and allow yourself to get that much needed tender loving care.
- Don’t – say yes out of feeling obligated
- Do – say yes only to the things you want to do, that you know will make you feel happy and not compromise yourself
4. Practice Remaining Present
Being centered, focused, and at peace is a practice of the mind. There are simple things you can do as a practice to find peace anywhere, at any moment in time.
- Do -- close your eyes, focus on and feel your breath, smile, and set positive intentions.
A little bit of mindfulness this holiday season will go a long way. Remember that you are ALWAYS in control of your emotions, and therefore, whatever your intention is, you have the POWER to make it happen.
As always, even a brief call or chat with me on Keen can help you gain this power over your own mind and soul. I’m happy to work with you and make this season, and the next year your very best yet! Happy holidays!